International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
In this paper, we propose a new image compression algorithm called improved-ISPIHT, based on wavelet domain method. We apply this algorithm to RS coded FH-SS system for image transmission. Compared to the set partitioning in hierarchical trees algorithm (SPIHT) and modified-SPIHT (MSPIHT), the ISPIHT has better compression efficiency and lower distortion. Simulation results show that the performance of our system is better than those use the standard SPIHT or MSPIHT algorithm.
: SPIHT; PBNJ; FH-SS; RS code; ISPIHT
- M. B. Pursley and W. E. Stark, “Performance of Reed-Solomon coded frequency-hop spread-spectrum communications in partial-band inter-ference ,”IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. COM-33, pp. 767-774, Aug. 1985.
- C. D. Frank and M. B. Pursly, “Concatenated coding for frequency-hop spread-spectrum with partial-band interference,”IEEE Trans. Commun., vol. 44, pp.377-387, Mar. 1996.
- Yu. T. Su, Li-Der Jeng, “Anijam capability analysis of RS-coded slow frequency-hopped systems,” IEEE Trans. Commun., vol 48, No. 2. Feb.2000.
- Q. Zhang and T. Le-Ngoc, “Turbo product codes for FH-SS with partial-band interference,” IEEE Trans. Commun.,vol. 1, pp.513-520, July 2002.
- Li-Der Jeng and C. H. Su, “Image Restoration for Reed-Solomon Coded SFH/MFSK System with Partial-Band Noise Jamming,” in IEEE International Symposium on Intelligent Signal Processing and Communications Systems(ISPACS’09), pp. 220-223, Kanazawa, Dec 7-9 2009.
- A. Said and W. A. Pearlman, “A new fast, and efficient image codec base on set partitioning in hierarchical trees,”IEEE Trans. on Circuits and Systems for Video Technology, vol. 6, no 3, pp. 243-250, June 1996.
- J.erome M. Shapiro , “Smart Compression using the Embedded Zerotree Wavelet (EZW) Algorithm” in 1993 IEEE Signals, Systems and Computers, 1993. 1993 Conference Record of The Twenty-Seventh Asilomar Conference on. pp. 486 - 490 vol.1, 1-3 Nov 1993.
- Chao-Ping Huang, Li-Der Jeng and Chi-Yang Wei, “ A robust image transmission scheme for FFH/MFSK systems under PBNJ” in IEEE 2010 International Symposium on Intelligent Signal Processing and Communication Systems (ISPACS), pp.1-4,6-8 Dec.2010