International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
Service Oriented Architecture and cloud computing provides the IT infrastructure, design patterns and other artifacts to an IT company get interoperability between software programs. A SOA Governance problem refers to the coordination of people, processes and technologies involved in each area within an organization. It mean planning under uncertainty and considering risks once it aims to make processes more efficient, reduce redundancy and optimize them in order to improve supervision and giving better decision-making processes. By evolving the policies that guide decision making, there are emergencies, feedback control mechanisms and many events that must be considered in order to better comprehend the complexities in the real world and the factors that could influence a problem that must be faced. Agent based modeling, system dynamics modeling and event based modeling are discussed and exemplified as three methods that could be used as a way to give to managers and technical staff flight simulators that could aid them to cope with governance complexity and comprehend how a policy change will affect their SOA Governance system.
: System Dynamics, Competitive Intelligence, Strategic Planning Product Project; Relevant information, SOA governance, cloud computing
- ANYLOGIC. Available at: < http://www.anylogic.com/>. Acessed in: January, 08th, 2013.
- CHAIM, Ricardo Matos; STREIT, Rosalvo Ermes. IT organizations governance: combining SD, Agent based Modelling and fuzzy logic to adress Dynamic Asset and Liability Management. In: 26th International Conference of the System Dynamics Society, 2008, Athens, Greece. Proceedings of the 26th International Conference of the System Dynamics Society. Hoboken, NJ, Estados Unidos : Wiley Blackwell, 2008. p. 42-42.
- CHAIM, Ricardo Matos. Combining ALM and System Dynamics in IT organizations. In: 24th International Conference of System Dynamics Society, 2006a. Proceedings of the 24th International Conference The Netherlands: Wiley Inter Science, 2006. Available at: <http://www.systemdynamics.org/conferences/2006/ proceed/papers/ CHAIM315.pdf>. Acessed in: 30 de setembro de 2006.
- CHAIM, Ricardo Matos. 2007. Gestão das informações sobre riscos de ativos e passivos previdenciários em fundos de pensão: associação entre a Dinâmica de Sistemas e o Asset and Liability Management (ALM). PhD dissertation, Information Science School, University of Brasilia, Brazil.
- EDMONDS, Bruce. Simulation and complexity: How they can relate. Centre for Policy Modelling Discussion Papers, CPM Report No.: CPM-03-118, 2003.
- ERL, Thomas; Bennett, Stephen G; Carlyle, Benjamin ;Gee, Clive ; Laird, Robert ; Manes, Anne Thomas; Moores, Robert; Schneider, Robert; ,Shuster, Leo; Tost, Andre ;Venable, Chris; Santas, Filippos. SOA Governance: Governing Shared Services On-Premise and in the Cloud. Boston, Pearson Education,Inc. 2011.
- FORRESTER, Jay W. Market growth as influenced by capital investment. Boston, Industrial Managament Review, MIT Sloan School, vol. 9, no 2, 1968.
- GILBERT, Nigel. Simulation: An emergent perspective. Draft Paper, Department of Sociology, University of Surrey, 1995.
- LEMPERT, Robert. Agent-based modeling as organizational and public policy simulators. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (PNAS), vol. 99, suppl. 3, p. 7195 – 7196, 2002.
- LINTHICUM, David S. Cloud computing and SOA convergence in you enterprise. Boston, Pearson Education, 2011.
- MORECROFT, John. Strategic Modelling and Business Dynamics. NJ-USA, Wiley,2007.
- STERMAN, John D. Business Dynamics: Systems Thinking and Modeling for a Complex World. Boston, Irwin McGraw-Hill, 2000.
- STREIT, Rosalvo E. Um modelo baseado em agentes para a análise da governança regulamentar do sistema financeiro. PhD dissertation, Management School, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil, 2006.