International Journal of Information Technology & Computer Science ( IJITCS )
The cloud storage for the centralized management of organizational big data is gaining much interest because of its benefits in managing and securing information resources. However, cloud storagebased centralized repository also has problems in utilization, which are the difficulty in determining the proper category to store working documents and the complexity in retrieving a document. This paper proposes a methodology to resolve these problems by automating the processes of identifying the topic of working documents and storing them under the identified topic-based category of the cloud storage-based central repository. Without user’s direct definition about the title of a working document, it can be automatically stored under the identified topic-based category in the central repository. To demonstrate the validity of the proposed concepts, a prototype system enabling the function of automatic topic identification, automatic category searching, and automatic archiving is implemented .
: Document centralization; Intelligent archiving; Automatic topic identification; Cloud storage
- Basu, A., Watters, C., & Shepherd, M., “Support Vector Machines for Text Categorization,” Proceedings of the 36th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, Vol.4, 2003.
- Chang, C. & Lin, C., “LIBSVM: a library for support vector machines,” ACM Transactions on Intelligent Systems and Technology, Vol.2, No.3, 1-27, 2011.
- Hsu, C.W., Chang, C.C., & Lin, C.J., “A Practical Guide to Support Vector Classification: LibSVM Tutorial,” available at http://www.csie.ntu.edu.tw/~cjlin/papers/guide/guide.pdf, 2001
- Kim, S., Suh, E., & Yoo, K., “A study of context inference for Web-based information systems,” Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, Vol.6, 146-158, 2007.
- Liu, Q., Wang, G., & Wu, J., “Secure and privacy preserving keyword searching for cloud storage services,” Journal of Network and Computer Applications, Vol.35, No.3, 927-933, 2012.
- Meyer, D., Leisch, F., & Hornik, K., “The support vector machine under test,” Neurocomputing, Vol.55, 169-186, 2003.
- Mierswa, I., Wurst, M., Klinkenberg, R., Scholz, M., & Euler, T., “YALE: Rapid Prototyping for Complex Data Mining Tasks,” Proceedings of the 12th ACM SIGKDD International Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD-06), 2006.
- Pamies-Juarez, L., García-López, P., Sánchez-Artigas, M., & Herrera, B., “Towards the design of optimal data redundancy schemes for heterogeneous cloud storage infrastructures,” Computer Networks, Vol.55, 1100-1113, 2011.
- Svantesson, D. & Clarke, R., “Privacy and consumer risks in cloud computing,” Computer Law & Security Review, Vol.26, 391-397, 2010.]